I was listening to CodeLess when something hit me…
People have said that million dollar businesses will be built on no code. But this already happened.
No code isn’t new. Shopify, WordPress, Mailchimp and Excel have been around for ages.
No code tools seem like magic until they become widely adopted. Then we forget just how magical they are.
But if building becomes easier… Where’s the business moat?
Brand is the moat that matters in no code.
- What’s the story?
- What’s the angle?
- How does it make you feel?
- How does it make you look?
This isn’t unique to no code.
- Look at vodka. Same shit. Different brands.
- Cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin is valued more than others. But why? Technical parity is easy. Story isn’t.
- Businesses use white-label manufacturers like Custom Ink and Vistaprint. Why do some succeed while others fail? You guessed it…
Successful no code makers must become super storytellers.
What else? Did I miss a million (or billion) dollar no code business? Let me know.